Lyndsay's World

Friday, January 12, 2007

Back in the U.K

Hey everyone!

So I made it alive back to London…but not without a few bumps. The wind has been so bad here recently (damn global warming) that my plane had a bunch of turbulence. This little girl from Belfast, Ireland who sat beside me and kept giggling at the way the plane went up and down and I just felt like vomiting. Yeah so this little girl decided she wanted to be my friend and all through the flight kept turning the over head light on and off, even buzzed the flight attendant a few times in her insistent button pushing. Every time I tried to take a little nap I would close my eyes and she would tap me wanting to play eye spy, play on my computer or read me a story. I guess plane rides for 6 year olds is not all that exciting. I just wanted to make it alive…and I succeeded (or the pilot had something to do with it, whatever). I got to wonder, I was on a cheap flight with a discount airline, does that mean the pilots are not THE BEST pilots out there? Is there a pay difference? This all of a sudden made me nervous. Also what made me nervous was the security was pretty relaxed coming here. Leaving London the were all these check points stating what was allowed and all things had to be in clear plastic bags but Toronto you can just walk right in apparently.

So first day back I slept at really weird times and that is basically all I did. Second day, today, was my first day back at work and I felt so overwhelmed. Everything was piled up and nothing was in order so I spend most of the day cleaning everything up and tomorrow we have sooo many orders. I have to be up at 7 AM! Welcome home. I am going to bed early because I feel well tired and I want to go out tomorrow night and not feel dead.

I am happy I got to see all of you (and those who I missed I will get you next time).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home