Lyndsay's World

Friday, October 13, 2006

The Hunt

Oh Lordy looking for a decent flat in LOndon is hard work (especially on my budget)! I have seen about 5 places and all of them have something wrong with them.

Flat#1 - Ok, I know I am not the tiniest girl but this place made me feel like a giant in a little person's apartment. The place was studio style so the whole place was about 10 feet by 12 feet, give or take an inch. Going up the stairs you had to step one foot on one and then the next foot on the other...there was not room for both...I kid you not that is how they designed it. Who does that? Right foot up, left foot up. I soon discovered that the room was only about half height. Yep I had to crouch down to get to the bed, there were three beds in all. The whole place was exposed so there would be no privacy and if people were watching tv you would be hearing it no matter where you were. Duck and shimmy - this place was like a tree house. All that aside it was in the perfect location of Notting Hill and I almost took it for that reason but my senses came back when I saw that I had two small drawers for storage space. NEXT!

Flat#2 NO. Got the feeling it was a Slovakian brothel. NEXT!

Flat#3 Where do I begin?? First it was above a chinese food restaurant so the smell alone was enough to put me off. I get to the top of the stairs and this man is waiting for me in jean cut off shorts (Men, please, not a good look). It was a three bedroom roomshare - the room looked barely big enough for one bed despite him cramming three in there. He and his girlfriend (a middle age lady with what seems like no fashion sense to match her boyfriend). She was making food in the very small kitchen with this other older lady who I was told was one of the "girls" staying in my room. I needed to get out of there so badly but he kept talking and talking about using his internet because there is no wireless and that I could spend "10-30 minutes, whatever" on his cable. Oh wow mister a whole 10 minutes on the Internet!! What would I possibly do with all that time??? Thanks buddy. I was inching my way out as he kept talking and talking and finally I made my escape. NEXT!

Flat#4 Perfect flat, perfect people. Bad Timing. I think they liked me cause I work at a party shop and they like there parties. Anyways the place was just down the street from me and right where the buses come which is a bonus. Comfy couches (no more bruised bum), sharing a room with one other girl instead of two (and she speaks english!) and digital t.v (no more crappy Brit TV!!). One hitch is that it is not available till the end of the month and I have to be out by Friday the 13th (the irony is not lost on me people). SO if they choose me ... Pick Me! Pick Me! I will have to ride the hostel train till the end of the month.

Flat #5 Now let me see, it is out in Acton (which is like saying you are in Mississauga - not really in Toronto) and in the middle of suburbia. She said it was like a 2 minute walk but really it took me 10 or 15 which is long after you have been out and it is dark. Anyways she rushed me through the place and then rushed me out so I think I will say no to that one. NEXT!

Flat#6 Nope, same problems as #5 only no living room and not a really nic kitchen, plus the girl kinda gave me the death stare when I walked in. The girl showing me was super nice though and if she were not leaving I think we would be friends so I felt bad saying no to her.

I will update again and let you know what is happening. Love Lynds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home