Lyndsay's World

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Lazy Lyndsay

Hey everyone. Ok I just was yelled at by my father for not updating my blog since some of you have been hounding him asking why I haven’t kept it up. So I am sorry! Things have been happening here but they have not been super exciting so I never thought to update but I have learned my lesson and I will be sure to keep this going for all my fans (haha just kidding).

Yeah so London is crazy when it comes to weather I cannot believe it, it seriously blows my mind how many seasons happen in one day here. You never know what to wear when going out so you must be prepared for anything! Start the day thinking oh it’s raining I will where my warm clothes and an umbrella and 5 minutes later when you are outside sweating your buns off waiting for the bus you curse the god of London weather because he is having a laugh for sure. Same goes for a nice day, beautiful days are no more – it’ll rain at least two times a day. I get so cold sometimes in the flat and my flatmates are like “you are from Canada! How can you be cold??” Then I give them a dirty look and say “Well in winter I am prepared for the cold not in frickin’ August so lay off!!” (ha I do not go that far but sometimes I have the urge).

I went to Oxford last week and it is sooo beautiful. My friend took pics so hopefully I can post them on here so you can see. There are tons of cool places you can go for day trips and it is not too expensive. This week I think I am going to Bath which is supposed to be really pretty as well. In Oxford we went on this ghost tour which was pretty lame and I am convinced the tour guide was drunk because he was unable to stand still and he kept forgetting the information and after 10 years of doing the tour you would think he had it down. Oxford is supposed to have all these ghosts because the townies were killing the students all the time when it first opened which make me think that perhaps you would want to choose a different school – but that is me.

I did not see any ghosts unfortunately.

Work is going good. The boss lady left me alone for almost a week while she went to visit her family so I was unsure since I had only been there a week so far but nothing major happened so it ended up being ok. Right now we are preparing for a pre- Halloween party, sending out invitations and decorating the store. A million little kids running around playing with everything will be crazy and there is only two of us so I will update you on the madness. It is too bad the store isn’t in St. Catharines because there is tons of stuff for kids birthdays and theme parties. The website if you want to take a look is www.circuscircus.co.uk. Maybe I will open one in Canada – always good to have options.

I got news that one of my bestest friends Joanna will be coming to visit me which is very exciting. I will get to show someone around the best city in the world (that’s right New York I said it!). So it is an open invitation to anyone who wants to come I welcome you!!!!

We had a bank holiday here which is what we call a long weekend. On Sunday I went to a Music Festival which was called Get Loaded in the Park. It was pretty fun and I was happy it did not rain although it did get a bit cold. I really wanted to see De La Soul but they only played two songs so I wasn’t too happy but a band called Baby Shambles was really good. The Notting Hill Carnival was in full affect on Monday and it was madness! I guess it would be the same as Toronto’s Carnival with Jamaican/African music and costumes and dancing. People were loving it, dancing and going crazy but apparently it is also really dangerous because there is so many people. But everything ended up being really fun and nothing bad happened so no worries.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura Klimek said...

Well its been awhile since you have heard from your auntie laura and I am sure you have been worried that I haven't written. Yah, I am still alive, got Jamie into his new digs for school (basement of a house in the middle of bramptanistan). The house is not old but filthy as it has been students for 3 yrs. It has a beautiful 3 tiered backyard. Its a shame the kids don't take care of it. This is his first week, I havent talked to him yet to see how it is going. We signed Ally up for a class at Niagara (at the NOTL campus). Its a night bio class that the paramedics take, she is also retaking Grade 12 bio at high school. She cant apply for the full course till Feb for the Sept 2007 season. How long are you there for? Maybe I should send her for a week after the class? When you come home are you going back? I hear you and Andrea are going to Greece - I'm in. They had a Greek festival this weekend (first one) at the new church which is the old Maplewood School on Niagara and Linwell. 3 days of great music, food, dancing. We went Sat and Sunday (your mom and I, then your mom went to Bingo - lost her keys - so Brian took her, picked up your dad to get the car - Richelle found the keys, we partied at the festival then took Richelle the car). It was really good. They are going to do it yearly. Hopefully we wont lose the keys again. We have English weather now. It is grey, cool,warm, don't know what to wear weather. Still, there's no snow or bitter cold. When does it get dark there? I hate that it gets dark at 7:45 now. I am painting Boppa's kitchen cupboards, he's in Detroit till Thursday. Planning to do a lot of work at his place over the winter - with or without consent.
How is your social life? Can you go to any theatre? You missed the TO film festival this year. Me too. Make sure you keep this blog up as we so enjoy hearing from you. Oh yah, Tammy is getting married, she set the date Sept 22 next year at Legends golf course. Then Barb continued to tell me there was other unexpected news - yup - a baby in March. A little out of sequence but they are all happy. Barb was married at 21 and had Tiffany at 24. Way too soon for me. Oh well, oh well. No comment.
Love you honey,
Laura xxxxx

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home