Lyndsay's World

Monday, July 24, 2006

Good weekend

Hey everyone,

SO I got to talk to a few of you on Sunday which was nice. Just want to give a shout out to all my peeps in the St.Kitts and to Uncle Henry for his 40th Birthday (props H.H). I am just being as confusing as I can, sorry grandpa. I had a really fun weekend but like all good things it had to come to an end. I got to dance on Saturday night which i haven't been able to do in awhile. Jenna introduced me to her french friends who were helping me improve my french...I am making a promise to myself that i will be very fluent by the time I come hme! Last night I went out for Indian dinner in a the city's Bangladesh area. You need to be really on the ball there because so many people come at you offering specials and discounts on your food and it can be overwhelming but we Canadian girls stood our ground and found a good place. It was great because downstairs of the restaurant was a traditional East Indian wedding! We got to see the bride walk down with her entorage...but then the fire alarm went off and didn't stop for 15 minutes.

Today I headed to the Tate Modern, my favorite museum so far. Definitely a place to go if you like abstract art and artists like Matisse, Picasso, Rivera and they had alot of photography by awesome people like Cindy Sherman and Alfred Steigliz. Also they introduced me to a movement by a group of women who were called the Guerilla Girls (mid-80s to 90s). Not sure if you have heard of them but they created advertisments that brought attention to the fact that there was a serious lack of female and non white artists being representated in museums. If you get a chance you should look them up. They also had amazing video art and films by artists like Man Ray. So my point is that is was most excellent and worth the trip to the south side of the Thames.
Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home