Lyndsay's World

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bohemian like you

Hey Family and Friends,
So I have decided to become a crazy person so I can use my madness to create beautiful art and poetry. My plan is to not eat or sleep for days and let the creative juices flow. Ok maybe I've just been inspired a little too much by the exhibit I went to at the National Gallery entitled Rebels & Martyrs: The image of the artist in the 19th Century. Fun huh? I relate to these crazies somehow. This is a quote by one of the artists that really captured the essence of the exhibit:

"In our oh-so-civilized society it is necessary for me to lead the life of a savage; I must free myself even from the governments...To do that, I have just set out on the great, independent, vagabond life of the bohemian." Gustav Courbet.

I mean come on with a name like Gustav you have to be the coolest guy ever. Anyways the exhibit was great and my friend and I went to the main gallery afterwards and it took hours to go through everything but I withstood till my feet felt sore.

So anyways my friend Jenna and I went to eat and found a pub and were so grateful they served food (we have been having bad luck with finding food) and she thought she would try chutney since both of us have heard of it yet never tried it. She did not like it. All that was left on the plate was the chutney (a jelly type substance for those similiarly unaware) and one chip (french fry for all you Canucks). Then we notice while finishing our drinks the table of boys kept looking over. This dude shimmies his stool over and asks my friend for her chip. She, baffled by this question says "sure I guess" before she had time to say anything else he grabs the chip and like a trophy he brings it back to his friends at the table "i got the chip" and lord did he scarf that thing down. SO that was weird. The weirdest part was the fact that after I thought about it I asked myself "Why didn't he want my chip?" hahaha. Already crazy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura Klimek said...

Hi Lyndsay,
Aunt Laura here. I am in my last day of vacation in California. It was 119 degrees here yesterday. The hottest in recorded history of this area - of course from one humid area to another. It is never humid here normally. Anyways no adventures for me, just relaxed, chilled, saw some family and had an all round great time. I needed the stress relief. Have your cousins Jamie and Ally emailed you yet? I here Junior had a party Sat night - like 60 people. Good thing I wasn't home.
Yuor adventures are refreshing. Your memoirs are enjoyable. Continue to live the life and we will continue to live it through you. Sounds great! Can I come visit? Yah. I have put your blog on Liz's computers so they can follow you. Did you get a job yet? The TV tax thing is gotta be a sin. If they charged you for the amount of time you watch TV our family would be paupers.
Well got to go shopping before I catch the plane home. Talk you when I am back home. Love you lots, miss you more.
- Laura

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home