Lyndsay's World

Monday, July 17, 2006

Such Great Heights

k so anyone who wants to know or wants proof I actually live here in London here is my address:
68 Beaufort Mansions
Beaufort Street
Chelsea
London, SW3 5AF

I am getting used to the apartment but a few things are going to take some time. For instance people who know me know I like T.V. T.V is a very good friend of mine but we are in a fight because it's been crap here. I get 5 channels and they have nothing on! AND apparently in the U.K you have to pay a t.v tax which if you do not pay it they can charge you a 5000 pound fine! The other thing is we are on a somewhat busy street so it can get pretty loud when you are trying to watch the crap t.v. Other than that I am having a great time here. We have a Mexican guy, a Spanish woman, a Parisian woman and a Polish woman. I told them they have to teach me Spanish and help me with my french. The Mexican guy has a supermodel looking girlfriend who is on her way to become a pop/r&b singer if you want to check out her stuff you can go to www.myspace.com/jennyrudell . To answer Aunt Robyn's query I have moved in with everything fully furnished including bed so that has been a huge help. I think it would be a little odd for me to search the streets for used furniture which is what I would resort to.

I am happy to say I am trying things here I would never have tried in Toronto (food wise people with dirty minds). I went to an Indian restaurant with a friend who I had known in toronto and had the Lamb Korma and it was not what I expected but it was good! I actually ordered mussels last night when I was out with a friend who knew this great place that I will definitly go back to. Today I am going to check out some museums such as the National Portrait Galley and another one called Rebels& Martyr's about painters who do not follow the rules. Saucy.

I got the pics from Trisha's BBQ, looked like alot of fun (I have still yet to attend one of those). It's getting late in the day here so I will bid you a bon noche - a bad spelling of the spanish phrase meaning good night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura Klimek said...

hi lynds, its Melanie. I am in California with Aunt Laura and we discovered your blog. Its cool. I think Uncle Armen got it too and has been reading your memoirs. My mom just got here today and we are deciding what to do this week. Glad to here you are having fun. Wish I was there.
Love,
Melanie

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home