Lyndsay's World

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Amsterdam and Brussels

Hey sorry I have been lazy in the updates but traveling to two countries in 4 days wears a girl out. Since this is a family blog all I will say is Amsterdam is pretty fun – tons of young people and surprisingly cleaner than I thought it would be. I cannot even explain to you the living conditions of the first night spent there. We were on some ratty boat that looked like it hadn’t been used in years. We thought our little (emphasis on little) room was bad but than a girl showed us the rest of the place and oh my … I kid you not but it looked like an orphanage from Oliver Twist or something. Not to alarm any of you but we had to get to the boat by ferry but after 12:30 we have to take a night bus. Well the night bus driver must have thought he was being hilarious but he dropped us off at the wrong spot and we had to walk for over an hour in the middle of nowhere. Thank goodness we only stayed one night. Next we had a cool hostel but because we were doing things last minute we could only stay one night and it seemed the rest of the city’s hostels were all booked up so we headed to Brussels. I never expected to like Brussels since I had no real knowledge of it before but it turned out to be a great little trip. It is sooo beautiful there and of course we ate the waffles and bought some chocolate. I am not really a huge chocolate person but this stuff was amazing, all made in the stores so it was top quality. We had to leave early there too because I had to work on Monday and missing my first day of work would not look so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home