Lyndsay's World

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Bus Life

So being the genius I am I decide taking a bus to paris would be both economical and scenic, allowing me to see some of the country side. The bus is packed of course with many different nationalities, none of whom seem to be english. That is cool with me of course but while picking my seat I failed to notice the toliet was not at the back where it has been on every bus I have ever been on but rather right in front of what I thought was a desirable seat. It was disguised as a wall and only when someone went into it did the horrible reality and smells set in.

I can't figure out the nationality of the guy who sat next to me - i asked him if he was from Deutshland (Germany)but I think he answered his name or soemthing so I have no idea - so we become seat partners in silence. Europe is sooo much more relaxed with the drinking laws than we are. The first thing the guy beside me did was crack open a huge bottle of Pilners Beer - then later a second.

I am impressed by the amount of languages the bus stewardess has to know to explain to the bus of many nationalities. I barely know a grade school version of Quebec French - the Parisians will hate me hahaha suckers.

Svea gave me a piece of cake she had left over from a dinner at her grandparents which was to be my substitute for birthday cake. My bum is quite numb at this point but I cannot shift my legs however because the headphones I am wearing (which Jesse accused me of stealing) are very tempormental and I finally got them working in both ears and I do not want to spoil it. I guess if I were in St. Catharines we would just end up at Kaz's so I fugure on a bus to Paris was better than that - despite the numbess in my tush.

We just passed a trailer full of horses and I would rather be in there with the horses than this bus - seriously guys it smells THAT BAD. I wonder when the last time they washed these curtains. Thank god being in the film industry I have learned to hold my going to the bathroom yet the need to pee will loom over me like death waiting till someone in front of me has a nasty bout of diarhea to strike.

Ok crisis has been solved, I had to switch buses in Hanover - a nicer smell free bus where I am sitting with friendly people. Except for the police hauling some guy and his young son off the bus the trip went smoothly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home