Lyndsay's World

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Foot"balls"

june 26

Decided to walk around today by myself since Jesse was at work and Svea is busy packing for Canada. Went into the Zoogarten and hung out there for awhile reading one of Jesse's self help books on luck. It did not help me haha. Anyways I ended up getting lost on the way out and couldn't find the exit when I stumbled upon some crazy animals. I guess I should have figured out there would be animals from the name 'Zoogarten' (shut up) but it was a nice surprise. They had llamas (dude, it's a llama), zebras and various birds but the scary animal was the hyena. I do not know what set them off but once they started calling and doing that 'hyena laugh' i got out of there fast...creepy.

Cut to me being on a white sandy beach. Since when does Germany have white sandy beaches you may ask? Well since the World Cup would be my answer. They have this long stretch of road in Berlin called the Fan Mile. It is a completely blocked off place for fans to go have a beer, eat some food and watch the games on mulitple huge screens. Yeah so there are sections where they brought in huge amounts of sand. People had made these crazy detailed sand sculptures and next to that there are these man-made sandy beach areas equiped with beach chairs and tiny palm trees. So cute. It is soo hot today and sitting on this beach chair on the sand just makes me want to jump into the ocean....too bad the only thing in front of me is pavement and a forest.

I'm not sure if this happens alot in Germany but in Canada someone would get arrested for it. This guy standing in line who was previously not wearing underwear decided that he needed to put his underwear back on so he dropped his pants (he fumbled with them for a good minute while they were around his ankles) then grabbed the underwear from his friend then put them on and then his pants. Sooo funny.

Well the game is about to start and they have this lame preshow with, no offence to Germany, the lamest cheerleaders I have ever seen. Maybe I should try out and show them some moves! Ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home