Lyndsay's World

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Airport Living

June 21st 2006

Well the day started off smoothly enough. Steph and I had plenty of timein the morning to get ready and everything was on schedule. Steph was flying out to London to get a connecting flight to Toronto and I was going to Dublin. We got to the airport and I couldn't find my flight information on the board. Steph took a look at my ticket infoand in shock told me I was at the wrong airport! I calmly asked where the other one was and she said just outside Glasgow. I got a taxi and once we got moving I asked him how long it would take and he said an hour! My plane at that point was meant to be taking off in an hour and a half...so I asked him if he could go as fast as he could and I think I insulted him. Anyways I, while really anxious about my flight, still got a nice drive through the country's green hills and moors. 60 pounds and 60 minutes later I arrive at the airport with 30 minutes left. But alas no! they said I was too late. I asked for the next flight out and it didn't leave till 8:10 that night...it was only 1:30 at this point!I could not believe my luck being stuck at the airport for 7 hoursand being out of all that money...I guess it could have been worse.

So my friends and family my advice is live and learn. Now since I have lived it you can learn it - Always check the airport name, no matter how much you think there could only be one possible choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home