Lyndsay's World

Monday, August 06, 2007

Rome - This blog is a month old

When in Rome…

I’m back from another one of my mini-trips, this time it was the beautiful city of Rome, Italy. Some days I just feel really lucky to be having these experiences and I forget that I will be going home soon. Some days I am really happy to be going home because I miss you all so much. It was my birthday last Friday and I turned the big 2-6! I finished work last Saturday and so I have had a week off and decided I will meet my friends on the last stop of their traveling. Rome was perfect. It had been raining here in London for almost a whole week straight so it was getting pretty depressing and I needed some sun (this being summer and all). It was sooo nice out while we went site seeing and I was so grateful to be out in the sun finally. We only had two days there so we made the most of it which meant endless walking and exploring. First night there we went on a pub crawl consisting of 3 bars and one club. At first the night seemed kinda lame because there were a lot of teenage tourists but by the end of the night we met some really cool people and I had a great time. The second night I was so tired from a full day of walking but we went out for my birthday anyways and by 12 or so I was falling asleep at the bar haha (already an old lady).

My friend Dan and I went back to London and then to Oxford to see the comedian and writer Ricky Gervais. It was amazingly funny and such a great birthday present (thanks dan!)

Saturday was the big night out where I invited some friends and my flat-mates to go dancing at this club called The Roxy. I had a great time and was very happy to be dancing and going crazy with my friends. Sunday Ann, Dan and I went to go to Trafalger Square for Canada Day because we thought there would be this big festival. Once we got there though there was nothing happening so we ask the guy working and he said they had the festival on Friday. WHAT! How could they change the day?? Anyways I guess it had to do with the upcoming Tour de France (those French!) Anyways Dan and I were going to go to the Maple Leaf (the only Canadian pub in England) but of course it was packed and had a line so we abandoned that idea and our efforts for Canada Day were over. I took Dan to Brick Lane for Indian food instead for his last night in England.

I have not been on the blog site for over a month so I will thank everyone for their birthday wishes and so sorry I am late with this blog. This is the first time I have been on my own computer in a loooonnngggg time. I found this cafe where it is free internet and all you have to do is buy a coffee ...so not all free. I will write a new post right now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home