Lyndsay's World

Monday, June 25, 2007

New Flatmates

Hey everyone. I hope my Paris Blog was not too long and if you read it all thank you for sticking with it. There have been so many things that have happened in my life since I last updated. My two flatmates (and good friends) Kay and ANg have decided to move to Spain and leave me here (tear). I was meant to go with them but I cannot legally work in Spain but I promised to visit them later in the summer. With them leaving it means I have to pick new people for the flat and that was hard! It is like picking your next mates in some weird game show where you both judge eachother trying to see if there is a hint of psycho killer laying dormant in their personalities waiting to strike when least expected. So far I have a girl from Paris living in my room named Anne who so far seems really cool and I get on with her quite a bit already. Tonight we had tons of people come in for Ang’s room because it is a single and most people want their own room (who knew??). It was a hard choice but we went for this Aussie girl named Cassie and I hope she will be a good fit. The boys did not meet her yet so I had to make the decision – I hope I made the right one. I quit my job but I have no actual finish date since I said I would stay until she found a replacement. I have no idea what to do after but I feel my time there has come to an end. I might think about doing temp stuff in events or hotel work so I can still travel this summer. If any of you want to offer any suggests that would be great as I could use all the help I can get. In fact if anyone has time in their lives to stop and maybe plan out my future for me that would be great! Yeah didn’t think so.
I know I am not connecting to most of you lately but I love you and am always thinking of you. Peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi Lynds,
Wanted to wish you the very best happy birthday!!!!! You sound like you are having the time of your life and excellent life experiences!! You will look back on this whole adventure and be proud of yourself! We all are proud and amused by your blogs!!
You should be a writer. J.R Rowling watch out!!!!
I have an idea for your future why don't you apply to a production company over there in England....look up Madonna, she could help you out!!

Take care and keep us laughing!
Good luck and Happy Birthday!
Love Jen et al.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Laura Klimek said...

Happy Birthday Lyndsay! Of course Auntie Laura would never forget. We so enjoy living your experiences through your blogs. They are great. I think you should write - a journal type book - as you are witty, descriptive, a literate. We will drink a toast to you today. We did some toasting last night for Traci's 40th birthday. Steph, Jen and Traci going to Atlantic City Sunday - Tuesday for the bday. I'm going to LA mid July. Apparently there are like 20 of us going then (the Shoushanian's and kids, Alex, Tahlene, Vicki, Patricia, Ani, etc etc). Going to Red Deer with your mom dad and boppa for the wedding. That will be my first time there. Hoping to plan Italy next year for my 30th - yep - 30th wedding anniversary (and still having to celebrate your parents 25th). Also Brian will be - oh my god - 60!!!! I hear so much about people going to Florence or everywhere to teach English. Why can't you hook up with something like that. All expenses paid, room and board paid and you make some money. You do not need to know their language. You also hear about it for Japan, Korea, Greece, etc. I'd look into it. Well hon, hope you have a great day. This side of 25 is not so bad. When you are on that side of 50 - then worry.
Love you, and miss you!
Laura

7:06 AM  
Blogger ROBYN said...

hI lYNDSAY,


hAPPY bELATED bIRTHDAY FROM rOBYN. You know every time I log on to this I forget my passwords and have to start all over. Love getting old! Sounds like things are still great. Heard you were in Rome. My eyes are tearing up just thinking about that. I had some very happy experiences in Italy. As usual Auntie Laura forgot to mention that I too have a life and will be going to California next week. I will hopefully hook up with my friend Craig at FOx and see what words of wisdom he may have for you. Laura actually has a good idea with the teaching english thing. Hotel work might be good. Second languages help alot though. What about cruise ships. They have entertainment and may need production assistants. Keep your eyes and ears open and make contacts where ever yougo. You never know who you may be talking to , He or she could be the next Spielberg. Take care, Miss you Love you Robyn


PS> I still can't remember that guy's name from Kent. I hate getting old!

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home