Lyndsay's World

Monday, August 13, 2007

Beginning of the End

It is coming to the end of summer … (even though in England it has only been summer for about a week) and some tough choices are to be made. I have decided to go home either the third or final week of September. I have decided this for two reasons. #1 – I miss everyone and #2 - I cannot get a full time job here until I get my citizenship and these part time gigs are too few and far between.

This experience has been amazing and I have met people and done things I would never have done back home. Home now seems like somewhere I want to be (for now) and I think you need to go out in the world to really appreciate what you have. This next month will be so amazing and I cannot wait though I might be really sad to say goodbye to everyone I truly believe I will see them again.

I will be going to the South of France (I know!) next week and I can hardly believe it. I will be flying into Toulouse, staying at a friend’s then we are caravanning to Cannes for the music festival. I am so happy my friend Jenna from back home will be there because we are with all French people and while they are very nice to translate I am sure I will like an Canadian person to talk to! We will be camping for four days (not a big fan of camping so we will see how this works out) but my friend Jean Phillip rented a hotel for himself (party pooper) so I hope to be able to shower there. No idea what the washroom situation will be like and quite frankly I am a little nervous about that but I am sure it will be fine. Fingers crossed. Then Jean Phillip will be nice enough to drive Jenna and I to Nice on the 20th. Jenna will stay with me a night before she heads off to Paris. It will be nice to have company in Nice (stupid pun) because my Mom does not arrive with Aunt Beth, Aunt Carol and Alyse until the 21st. I cannot believe I will meet them there, it is so random but still brilliant. On the 23rd I will head back home (to London that is) and put my room up for rent. I hope I get some decent people although not too good cause I don’t want them to forget about me! Haha…so selfish.

Now these plans are not set yet but I need to go see Ang and Kay, my old flatmates, in Malaga (Spain) and also my friend Jesse in Germany so it will be a little tight. I really want to go to go to Munich with Jesse and Svea (his girlfriend) for Oktoberfest – which is ironically done in September. Unfortunately it may be a money thing and may have to postpone it to another year.

All this planning has become a little overwhelming but it will be worth it in the end because I will know I did loads before I went home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home